Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher
As a Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher specializing in sustainable computing and IT lifecycle extension, Redemtech can preinstall specially priced, genuine Microsoft software on refurbished computers and servers supplied to businesses, consumers and nonprofits in the commercial market to:
- Bring you even higher return on remarketed assets
- Provide high-quality refurbished equipment for redeployment — reducing new purchase costs
- Offer a ready supply and low-cost alternative for day-to-day demand and special projects
Follow the 3Rs: reduce, reuse and recycle
A Sustainable Computing approach built on IT lifecycle extension and reuse keeps computers productive throughout their life spans. This can be accomplished through a range of green IT best practices including:
- Recovery, value-appropriate repair and refurbishment of existing equipment delivered through a global network of processing facilities
- Certified testing, reconditioning and remarketing of surplus technology through a global secondary market that ensures a productive secondary life and captures above-market residual returns
- Professional imaging of legally licensed operating systems for redeployments, "hot spare" deployments and employee purchase programs
- Managing the complete and timely return of leased IT equipment that ensures reutilization while reducing cost
- Sourcing of used systems and components for the repair and upgrade of existing technology that reduces new procurement and waste
Boost corporate philanthropy
Building strong corporate philanthropy programs, and green IT initiatives, provides many benefits for your business and the community, while helping preserve the environment.
Through the Microsoft Authorized Refurbisher (MAR) program, donated computers can be equipped with genuine Microsoft Windows and Office software for a nominal administrative fee.
When donating computers, it is always best to ensure they are thoroughly tested and reconditioned. Security and end-of-life liability should also be considered in the donation strategy.
Ensure responsible recycling
Recycling should be the last option for used electronics and, when necessary, be performed to the highest e-waste disposal standards. The best approach is to use a vendor that has an independently audited environmental program ensuring:
- No exportation of e-waste
- No incineration
- Zero landfills used in disposition
- No prison labor used for recycling
- Every pound of e-waste is accounted for downstream
Based on the volume of e-waste that continues to be exported to developing countries, it is necessary to ask for reporting on final material disposition to ensure desired practices and policies are being followed.
Shades of green IT
What's green IT really mean? Use the “3Rs” to achieve reduced environmental impact, IT sustainability and greater cost savings.
- Decrease acquisition
- Extend IT lifecycles
- Repair and refurbish
- Procure used equipment
- Redeploy idle technology
- Remarket surplus IT
- Donate to charity
- Harvest parts
- Zero landfill
- Zero export
- Zero incineration
- Zero prison labor
When you Reduce the demand for new technology, capitalize on every opportunity for Reuse, and Recycle responsibly and securely at end-of-life, you create positive benefits for the environment, your business and our society.